Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Making Music with the Palomino

I received the attached photo and note from Matt Downey demonstrating how he's using our Palomino pencils for his musical efforts.

"Hey here is what is called a sketch, rough musical ideas on paper that will eventualy find their way into a peice. In this case the second movement of a string quartet. I love sketching with this Palomino pencil. The line is good and dark and the lead is nice and smooth. The wood has that smell (you know the one I mean) and it is all so conductive to the creative impulse in me. Sketching could be called material generation for the purpose of composing but I like to think of it as composing anyway even though it is so incomplete.-Matt

PS - I think you can spy a Mongol chilling in the backround. play an I SPY game with it."

Yeah, I see it there in the corner and am glad to spot a ForestChoice pencil as well. Thanks for sharing and keep on creating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't live without the Palominos!